Notices of Grants and Sponsorship Information
The Delaware County Convention & Tourism Commission, d/b/a Muncie Visitors Bureau, will post grant and sponsorship opportunities from time to time for qualified individuals and/or agencies. These applications will be found here.
Grant Request Guidelines
The Delaware County Convention & Tourism Commission (Commission) provides grants to help support the tourism efforts in Delaware County. Grants can be awarded that will promote and encourage conventions, visitors, and tourism within Delaware County. The Commission meets monthly and grant money is awarded based on availability of funds on a first come, first serve basis.
All grant requests will be submitted to the Executive Director of the Muncie Visitors Bureau (MVB), who will review each request to make sure the application is complete and all documentation has been provided. If the request is deemed to be incomplete by the Executive Director, it will be returned to the requestor. Once a completed request is received, it will be placed on the Commission’s agenda for the next monthly meeting.
The following requirements must be met to be considered for a grant award by the Commission. The Grant Application must be completed providing as much information as possible in order to provide the Commission with a clear understanding of how the monies will be utilized.
- The grant must support a tourism project, event or activity. Grant monies are not to be used to provide salaries or operating expenses.
- Projects, events, or activities should strive to become self-supporting. Support for a project, event or activity by the Commission should not be considered a permanent funding source.
- No later than 60 days after the completion of a project, event or activity you must present a Grant Report on the expenditure of funds provided by the Commission.
- Provide a budget for your project, event or activity to support the funds requested.
- The Commission requires you to use and support local hotels, restaurants, & facilities for your project, event, or activity. This can be done by collaborating with these facilities to negotiate rooms and rates for vendors or attendees and promoting local restaurants. A list of hotels and local restaurants can be found on our website or by contacting the MVB Executive Director.
- You can submit supporting documents including details and data from past events regarding visitors and their origin. These should be submitted along with the grant request.
- You will need to show how you are tracking out of county visitors. This can be done through surveying attendees, collecting zip codes from attendees, checking license plates, or collecting that information via registrations or guest registers. This information WILL BE REQUIRED for an end of project, event, or activity report.
- Projects, events, or activities are funded on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Commission.
Grant application and any additional documentation must be submitted to the MVB Executive Director. Completed grant applications will be reviewed by the Commission at their regularly scheduled meeting.
All grant applications must be received by 5 pm ET on the 15th day of the month to be considered at the Commission’s next monthly meeting. Grant requestors have the option to present their request in person to the Commission. If you would like to address the Commission, please contact the MVB Executive Director. The MVB Executive Director will determine if the Grant Application is complete and ready for the Commission’s next monthly meeting. The Grant Application will have the date received and will be given a Grant Number.
Grant Final Report
Within SIXTY (60) DAYS of the close of your project, event, or activity you must provide a follow up report with receipts and documentation as to how the grant money was spent. You must submit a report with the receipts and documentation of all spending associated with the approved Grant. If the Commission desires an in-person report at a monthly meeting that will be communicated. The hope is that the submitted report will be complete and the need for an in-person meeting will not be necessary for most awards. A HANDWRITTEN REPORT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
If the full amount of the grant money is not utilized, you must return all unspent money to the Commission. This should be submitted via check and made out to Delaware County Convention & Tourism Commission and submitted along with your Final Grant Report.
Any grant recipient who fails to complete and submit the Grant Final Report within sixty (60) days will be required to return the full grant money awarded and could result in an organization being banned from receiving future tourism funds. Failure to supply the necessary receipts for expenditures could require the return of funds that are not supported by appropriate documentation. These would be considered unspent funds. If the Commission must take legal action for return of funds, the grant recipient will be responsible for the Commission’s attorney fees and any court costs.
If you should have any questions, concerns, or need help with your grant application or grant final report, please contact the MVB Executive Director.