George McCulloch Memorial
A bronze sculpture by Leonard Crunelle (1872-1944) cast in 1915 and dedicated October 31, 1917. Base is of polished pink granite.
George McCulloch was the president of Muncie Foundry & Machine Company and the owner of the Muncie Morning Star newspaper. In 1901, George McCulloch donated the land which makes up McCulloch Park to the city. He specified that the land must be used as a public park for the free use by all people that lived in the city. A memorial to George McCulloch has been relocated at the park’s southern boundary along McCulloch Blvd., in a triangular traffic median in between McCulloch Park Dr.