The Delaware County Commissioners have partnered with the Delaware County Convention & Tourism Commission and the Muncie Visitors Bureau to develop and administer a hospitality and tourism relief grant program. This ARP Grant Program will assist restaurant, hospitality, and tourism merchants and vendors in Delaware County (outside of Muncie city limits) that have been negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Funding for this grant program is provided under the American Rescue Plan Act through the U.S. Department of Treasury.
Up to $49,000 in reimbursable expenses and improvements to the merchant’s business. Assistance is in the form of a grant with no repayment requirement as long as funds are used as described in Grantee’s grant application and meet all ARPA current and future federal regulations. ARP Restaurant, Hospitality, & Tourism Grant Program funds must be used for renovations to your business’s building to support enhanced business persistence, purchasing furniture or equipment for your business, signage, adding outdoor seating, etc. No application will be considered complete without the business plan.
The Delaware County Commissioners, and approved by the Delaware County Council, have made available up to $1,000,000 for the ARP Restaurant, Hospitality, & Tourism Grant Program. Applications will be accepted until either all available funds are expended, or the ARP plan is modified by the County Commissioners. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all available funds are committed to eligible restaurant, hospitality, and tourism businesses and expenses.
To be considered for the ARP Restaurant, Hospitality, & Tourism Grant Program, businesses and organizations must meet all the eligibility criteria listed below:
- Physical address must be located in Delaware County, Indiana and outside the city limits of Muncie, Indiana.
- Must have been in business and operating on and can demonstrate ongoing business operations since March 1, 2019.
- Must have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Must not be in bankruptcy and must be current with all local, state, and federal income taxes, property taxes, innkeeper’s taxes, and fees.
- Must be registered to conduct business in the State of Indiana with the Indiana Secretary of State’s Office.
- If applying as a nonprofit organization, must have an active 501(c) designation status from the Internal Revenue Service.
If the business or organization temporarily closed due to the pandemic, it must be opened prior to the grant being awarded.
The ARP Restaurant, Hospitality, & Tourism Grant Program application will be available online at https://www.visitmuncie.org/arp. A paper application can be downloaded from the same website or picked up during normal business hours at the Muncie Visitors Bureau. Applications should only be submitted by a principal of the business/organization who is authorized to execute a contract.
In addition to the application, the following documents are required:
- Completed W-9 form for business/organization including DBA, Tax ID Number (or Social Security Number for sole proprietor), and mailing address.
- Completed Delaware County Vendor/NEU/Local Government Profile form
- Certification of Organization from the Secretary of State
- Certificate of Insurance
- Copy of a 501(c) designation letter from the Internal Revenue Service for nonprofit applicants.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
If a grant is awarded to your business/organization, other documents including tax returns, business operating agreements (for multiple owners), quotes, bids, etc., will be required.
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by a subcommittee of the Delaware County Convention & Tourism Commission. The Tourism Commission will vote to recommend to the County Commissioners to either approve or deny an application. The County Commissioners will vote at a regular meeting to award or deny a grant.
Applicants awarded a grant will be contacted by the Tourism Commission to request the additional required documents and to execute a written agreement to allow for distribution of funds.
The application deadline for the second round of ARP Grant Program funding is April 1, 2023. Other rounds of funding will occur on a quarterly basis with deadlines posted on the Muncie Visitors Bureau website.
Any questions regarding the ARP Restaurant, Hospitality, & Tourism Grant Program should be directed to Kim York by calling (765) 284-2700 or sending an email to email@example.com. The Delaware County Commissioners, Delaware County Convention & Tourism Commission, and the Muncie Visitors Bureau look forward to helping your business or organization recover from the COVID-19 epidemic.