Originally from Union Depot located at 630 S. High St., Muncie. The building was demolished in 1990 and the stone along with other artifacts were saved and given to the East Central Reinvestment Corp. which was leading the fight to save the station. ECRC has given the stone to the Cardinal Greenway for use in the Wysor Street Depot for display outside of the station.
Artist: Dick Kishel
Created by artist Lila Katzen (American 1926-1998). Vertically-placed rectangular steel piece with shapes cut out from the top and sides. The cut out pieces remain partially attached and either bend toward the ground or out to the side. Erected 1978. A gift of Mr. and Mrs. Sidney M. Feldman
Installed in 1958 this historic McDonald’s sign is one of only two remaining of its kind. The sign was restored in 2006 and again in 2013.
J. Faulner made this wonderful bust of Monsignor Edgar Cyr at St. Mary School in 1985.
A bronze sculpture by artist Joe Beeler dedicated on December 9, 1998. Donated to the City of Muncie by the Sherman & Marjorie Zeigler Foundation to be the centerpiece of Riverbend Park.
The Last Arrow. The 1929 Cyrus E. Dallin (American 1861-1944) sculpture was purchased by Edmund F. Petty in 1975, who proposed that it be acquired as a tribute to his father, Fred J. Petty. In 1976, the memorial was donated to the City of Muncie and was installed at the intersection of Walnut and Charles Streets in front of the Ball Stores department store. By the summer of 1999, the department store had closed, and the building had been demolished. Street repairs necessitated moving the statue, so the opportunity was taken to perform much-needed restoration and preservation. The sculpture has been displayed at Minnetrista since the restoration until it was moved to Downtown Muncie on September 26, 2007.
Every 15 minutes, 48 custom-made bells covering four octaves ring out across the Ball State campus from Shafer Tower. As the crowning glory of the north end of campus, Shafer Tower rises 150 feet in the air from the middle of McKinley Avenue. The tower is named after Phyllis and Hamer Shafer, members of the Miller College of Business Hall o f Fame and benefactors of the university and Muncie community. The tower is used to play pre-recorded music or music played on an off-site keyboard. For special occasions, a carillonneur can climb the tower where a keyboard attached to cables is used to strike the bells and produce music.
Richard Kishel mad this fiberglass statue of Jesus in front of the Fountain Square United Methodist Church of Muncie. The statue was put in place in 1981.
The glass sculpture is an etched blue crystal multi-dimensional disk created by noted glass artist Christopher Ries. The sculpture, donated by Patricia Schaefer, weighs more than 700 pounds and is nearly 7 feet tall including its pedestal base. The sculpture was unveiled April 1, 2008.